Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Well, I suck

As Jen previously mentioned, I too have been totally slacking on the updating. It's not that I haven't been going out or cooking, just busy I guess. Jen talked about a new restaurant in Montclair that she went to called Tosca - and when I was home a few weeks ago, my sister and I went there. Have to say that we had a GREAT experience. Brought a nice bottle of wine (red of course), shared a salad (unfortunately no pic, but it was superb), and then each had a main course. Sabrina opted for the salmon with veggies and potatoes, and while I do not like fish AT ALL, she said that it was great. She really raved about the mustard sauce that came with it.


I decided to keep it simple and went for the spicy salami pizza. This was phenomenal! The middle of the pizza was a little soggy, but with such thin crust, that tends to happen. Other than that, it really was very good. I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who's looking for Montclair eats.


That same weekend while I was home, we decided to make some spinach artichoke dip on Sunday afternoon. This really has become a family favorite of ours, especially because it is low fat and very easy to make. Ingredients include: 14 oz artichoke hearts drained and finely chopped, 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained, 2/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup light mayo, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder. Mix all the ingredients together and spoon into a 9 inch baking dish. I usually sprinkle on some extra shredded mozzarella cheese on top to give it that brown effect that I love. Bake this for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees and serve with blue corn tortilla chips or whatever you'd like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment